SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1. The service provider is TALLINN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OÜ, whose staff provides hourly kindergarten service to the Client under the conditions expressed below.
- 1.2. A Client is a private person who consumes a fixed service and has agreed to these terms and conditions.
- 1.3. The Service Provider offers hourly kindergarten services [hereafter the service] to the Client, on the premises of the Service Provider at Keevise 2, Tallinn, 11415.
- 1.4. The service is offered to children aged 2.5 years to 6 years. Children attending hourly kindergarten must be able to eat and to use the toilet on their own. They must also have the necessary social skills for participating in the group.
- 1.5. Children brought to hourly kindergarten take part in educational and playful activities. Between 2:05 to 5:00 p.m. the children participate in the aftercare activities. The languages of instruction and communication are English and Estonian.
- 1.6. The service is offered at times chosen by the Client on an hourly and daily basis. These times are Mon-Fri from 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Kindergarten is closed on public holidays and school holidays.
- 1.7. Pre-registration is required in order to bring a child into hourly kindergarten. You can register for the same day until 8:30 a.m. Children brought without pre-registration will not be accepted.
- 2. The services provided by the Service Provider on its premises include:
- 2.1 Supervision of the child during his/her stay in an hourly kindergarten – from the moment the Client has handed over the Child to the Service Provider to the moment the Service Provider has handed over the Child to the Client.
- 2.2. Meals for the child during his/her stay in the care, according to the Client’s food request, and at the times specified by the Service Provider.
- 2.3 Providing recreational activities according to the daily schedule approved by the Service Provider. There are both indoor and outdoor activities depending on suitable weather conditions.
- 2.4 Organization of the child's educational and play activities in English or in Estonian based on the study plan approved by the Service Provider.
- 2.5 Ensuring the safety and security of the child during his/her stay in the care.
PRICE AND PAYMENT FOR THE SERVICE
- 3.1 The Client pays for the Service in advance in accordance with the price list approved by the Service Provider and communicated to the Client. If the Client cancels the service, the Service Provider has no obligation to return the money.
- 3.2 The service price list is approved by the Service Provider and is available to the Client on the Service Provider's website. Changes may occur in the price list.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE CLIENT
- 4.1 The Client has the following rights:
- 4.1.1 To use the service during the period agreed upon with the Service Provider according to the price list.
- 4.1.2 To make suggestions to improve the quality of the service.
- 4.2 The Client has the following obligations:
- 4.2.2 To pay for the service in advance by the agreed upon deadline.
- 4.2.3 To notify the Service Provider of changes in contact information as soon as possible.
- 4.2.4 If the Client cannot pick up the child himself, submit in writing to the Service Provider the name of the person to whom the Service Provider can hand over the Child.
- 4.2.5 To provide in writing to the Service Provider a list of persons to whom the Service Provider may hand over the child. To notify the Service Provider ahead of time in writing if the Client wants the Service Provider to hand over the child to a person not on the list.
- 4.2.6 To notify the Service Provider of a service cancellation as soon as possible, and no later than 8:30 a.m. on the morning of the same day.
- 4.2.7 To ensure that the child is brought to kindergarten in clean, unbroken and weatherproof clothing.
- 4.2.8 To ensure that the child has the necessary, comfortable, indoor and outdoor clothing. The clothing must be suitable so the child can dress him or herself with little or no help, and must be appropriate for the possibility of getting dirty.
- 18.104.22.168 It is recommended that the child wear shoes with non-slip soles that stay firmly on the feet, and which do not leave stripes on the floor.
- 22.214.171.124 The child's clothes must not have dangerous long cords or scarves of non-stretchable material.
- 126.96.36.199 Regardless of the season, the child must have a head-covering suitable for the weather.
- 188.8.131.52 In cooler weather, the child should have water and dirt-repellent gloves, or preferably mittens. Gloves can be used by children able to put them on by themselves.
- 4.2.9 To provide the child with an adequate supply of clothing for indoor and outdoor play.
- 4.2.10 To equip the child's clothing and shoes with the child's name to prevent them from being lost or exchanged.
- 4.2.11 To be responsible for keeping the child's wardrobe space in order when leaving the building.
- 4.2.12 To ensure that the child can use the toilet independently.
- 4.2.13 To notify the Service Provider about the child's health.
- 4.2.14 To inform the Service Provider if the child has an allergy to some food or needs dietary adjustments.
- 4.2.15 Not to bring to kindergarten a child with obvious signs of illness (fever, runny nose or cough) or with other conditions where the child requires treatments different than usual, or if the child is in a condition that is dangerous for his/her well-being and health, or that of other children or adults.
- 4.2.16 To allow kindergarten staff to call an ambulance if necessary in case of illness or injury of the child, and to allow kindergarten staff to administer first aid to the child until the ambulance arrives.
- 4.2.17 To pick up the child immediately from kindergarten after receiving information from the Service Provider about the appearance of obvious symptoms of illness in the child.
- 5.1 By agreeing to these terms and conditions, the Client confirms that he or she has read and agrees to the terms and conditions of the service provided.
- 5.2 The Client confirms that he or she has familiarised him or herself with the price list of the service and has accepted it.